|Profession||Regional Manager of Burgerphile|
|First appearance||"The Animal Shelter"|
|Voiced by||Grey DeLisle|
Hortence wears what seems to be the female version of the Burgerphile uniform: Orange shorts and a plain shirt t-shirt with a hamburger image on it, complete with an oversized burger baseball hat. She has long brown hair, dark eyes, and freckles. She also appears to have pointed ears. This appears to be an allusion to the waitress uniform at the restaurant chain Hooters
In The Wedding, Hortence's new uniform is an orange suit jacket over a white top, and chocolate colored pencil skirt and pumps.
Romancing with the Enemy
In Dan Vs. Burgerphile, Hortence's self serving boss tries to talk Hortense into using her relationship with Dan to manipulate him into leaving the restaurant after her boss intentionally got Dan's order wrong. The boss says she can become assistant manager if she can get Dan to leave. But Hortence would never cross Dan because she likes him so much. Disobeying the manager's orders, she decides to join Dan in protest, especially since her boss wouldn't let her correct Dan's order.
Because Hortence did the right thing, the owner of Burgerphile, Mr. Burger, rewards Hortensce by promoting her to regional manager at the Burgerphile corporate headquarters in Santa Monica, 20 miles away from the Burgerphile restaurant near Dan's neighborhood.
She later returns to Dan's Burgerphile as the Regional Manager and announces she is to be married to the owner of the Burgerphile chain, Jeremiah Burger, which drives Dan insane with jealousy. He tries to crash the wedding but fails to win her heart.
Hortence is probably the only human being that is not repulsed by Dan when he is vindictive or plotting revenge. In fact, she is attracted by it and thinks Dan is pretty bold for standing up for what is right. She is very sweet and considerate, and also takes her job as a customer service repersentative very seriously.
- Grey DeLisle's voice of Hortense is similar to Gretchen from Invader Zim.
- Hortence's work uniform is some-what similar to the hostess' at Hooters restaurants.
- She briefly appears in "The Animal Shelter" when Dan stops by Burgerphile after stockpiling explosives into Chris' car.
- Apparently only she can work the register, as Mac and Carls' fingers are too thick for the buttons.
- Becoming Assistant Manager is "all [she] dreams about".
- Her new position in the Burgerphile fanhchise surpasses this goal, as she is now a Regional Manager.
- Unlike Becky, she does remain good friends with Dan.
- According to Dan in The Wedding, during her time as a server, she would "always put a ketchup smiley face on [his] burger."
- In The Wedding episode, she mentions having a sister.
- Also, possibly a new niece or nephew.
- She is the only person that Dan has ever treated with complete kindness.
- It has been confirmed on the official Facebook page that she was age 14 at the time of the episode and lied to get the job at Burgerphile.
- Her name is actually spelled "Hortence" as opposed to the original spelling. This was confirmed to be due to lousy parenting. As well as their consent to her marriage to Jerimiah Burger whom has had several under-aged wives.