These are an established set of rules for the Dan Vs. Wiki.
Creating / Editing Articles
- When creating pages, there must be at least one sentence and a relevant title. Pages entitled "ASDF" (or anything along the lines of gibberish) will not be accepted within the wiki and will lead to its inevitable deletion.
- When typing an article, remember to use standard grammar.
- No fanfiction material or made-up characters, strictly Dan Vs.
- Do not insert personal opinions into articles.
- No irrelevant or duplicate pages.
- When creating a page for a specific episode, do not put "Dan Vs." before it. If so, it will be redirected.
- Also remember to add "(episode)" after the episode title in order to avoid confusion.
- Images from a non-original source, namely fanart, cannot be added to a character's page.
- Likewise, do not add any information regarding the character in fanfiction.
- Do not insert information regarding a character's sexuality.
- Vandalism of any kind will not be tolerated and will be removed upon first sight.
- If a page has been violated enough, it will be protected for a certain amount of time.
- Users that have been deemed to be vandals will be permanently banned.
- Remarks insulting someone's culture, race, or religion will also not be tolerated.
- Excessive amounts of swears and/or racy language (or anything that might come across as insulting) isn't necessary and will be deleted.
- Lastly, if you refuse to quit doing something you were told not to do (at least three times), you will be given a two-day ban. If the problem persists even more, the expiry will be doubled each time.
- For help, please contact an admin in the following: List of administrators
- If a user asks for administrative rights, they must have at least 20 or more contributions.
- Said user must also have no bans in this wiki's record.
- If you are new to adminship and need help, please refer to: Admin_FAQ
Administrators / Bureaucrats
- As an admin, it is necessary to delete vandalism or spam upon first sight.
- Do not abuse your admin/bureaucrat privileges or they can be withheld from you.
- Do not ban a user for no given reason or without first addressing said user.
- If a user does not understand how the wiki works, it is best to explain to them thoroughly.
- Use appropriate language.
- Do not spam the chat repeatedly.
- Use emoticons sparingly and only when felt necessary. (If done enough times repeatedly within a certain amount of time, it will be perceived as spam.)
In some cases, users may be banned for the wrong reason or something simply went wrong. (i.e. A little brother gained access to your Wikia account and decided to go on a spamming spree.) In this case, there will be an exception, but you must contact the admin who banned you through his or her talk page from another wiki. From there, you will have to wait and said admin will decide whether or not to unban you.