|The Family Cruise|
|Season 3, Episode 12|
|Air date||March 2, 2013|
|Written by||Brian Turner and Garrett Frawley|
|Directed by||James Krenzke|
The Family Cruise is the twelfth episode of the 3rd season and the fifty-second episode overall.
It originally aired on March 2, 2013.
When Dan gets unintentionally shanghaied on a family cruise with Elise and her parents, he does all he can to get off it.
- This was originally supposed to be the final episode aired, but "Summer Camp" ended up airing as the finale instead.
- The episode was originally supposed to end on a cliffhanger and not the status quo ending it actually has.
- Despite being a "family cruise", Ben is inexplicably absent in this episode.
- The cruise ship is named the "S.S. Funtanic", which is likely a reference to the Titanic.
- Chris reveals he ate the gingerbread house Elise has made last Christmas and blamed it on the mailman, but Elise was already aware of this.
- Don claims he's an half-alien hybrid sent down on Earth to enslave man-kind, but in reality he just said that because he wanted to be included.
- Dan's confession (only after being prompted) is that "it's possible" he's wasted his life on petty and ultimately meaningless quests for vengeance.
- The end credits for this episode has a list of births and marriages during the production of Dan Vs.
- Elise Sr. and Elise Jr. reveal their secrets in this episode (though, only temporarily since everyone's memories were mostly wiped).
- Elise confesses her true job to Chris.
- Elise Sr. confesses that she's #5 on the FBI's most wanted list under the name "The Lady".
- Mr. Mumbles is absent in this episode. However, she is mentioned by Chris and Dan.
- It's revealed that Chris mentioned the cruise to Dan off-screen in the episodes "The DMV" and "The Mummy", but Dan does not recall it.
- This episode marks the final appearances of Don and Elise Sr.
- This episode is also the only time Don and Elise Sr. appear in the third season.