|Season 3, Episode 2|
|Air date||November 24, 2012|
|Written by||Brian Turner, Garret Frawley|
|Directed by||James Krenzke|
"The Mummy" is the second episode of the 3rd season and the forty-second episode overall.
It originally aired on November 24, 2012
When an undead Egyptian king won't leave Dan alone, he resorts to some ancient means of pest control.
When the object of Dan’s revenge turns out to be a laid back, undead Egyptian king who won’t leave him alone, Dan resorts to some ancient means of pest control.
(more detail needed)
- Although realism was obviously not intended, it should be noted that it is unlikely that a mummy would be able to speak English and have that sort of accent.
- The guy running the store where Dan buys the spray is the only person in Little Cairo who doesn't wear bandages around his face and body.
- Dan and Chris somehow managed to get in their disguises at the museum extremely fast without anyone noticing them.
- This is the second time in the series that Chris eats something that looks like food but isn't (the first time occurred in "Art").
- Seth Green (voice of Chris Griffin on Family Guy and the creator of Robot Chicken) guest stars as the mummy.
- Dan buys expired lunch meat because it's affordable. (He has a belly ache in this episode due to it)
- Dan stole Chris' shoe so that Mr. Mumbles had something to shred other than Dan's own property.
- When Dan sees Mr. Mumbles with Egyptian jewelry on, he thinks she has a date with "the Tabby across the street" and disapproves because "the whole neighborhood knows he has a catnip problem".
- This Tabby is apparently frequently around Dan's apartment.
- According to a guy giving a tour at the Museum, the ancient Mayans predicted the end of his marriage, he then proceeded to laugh, then cry and then say "I'm so lonely."
- Elise wears an Egyptian outfit towards the end of the episode that reveals her ear.
- The first and only promo is a clip posted on The Hub's YouTube channel on November 21, 2012