|Season 1, Episode 2|
|Air date||January 1, 2011|
|Written by||Dan Mandel, Chris Pearson|
|Directed by||Bill Kopp|
"The Wolf-Man" is the second episode of the 1st season and the second episode overall.
It originally aired on January 1, 2011 alongside "New Mexico"
In what is later revealed to be a dream sequence, Dan is sitting on his bed, complaining about how he hates everyone, when a supermodel knocks on his door. After telling Dan she would make him pancakes, the two nearly share a kiss before his alarm clock wakes him up, showing that he was about to really kiss his alarm clock. Dan soon leaves his apartment and discovers his car has three immense scratches running along the side of it, a ball of grey fur, and a trail of paw prints. Dan deduces that this could only be the work of the Wolf-man and vows revenge.
Dan calls Chris, who just stares at his phone while Dan rants about how no one can screen his calls. Chris finally answers and Dan informs him that the Wolf-man has wronged him and demands that Chris comes over to his apartment. When Chris arrives, Dan shows him the evidence and tells him to go home to wait for the next full moon after concluding that the Wolf-man was a jogger. The next full moon happens to be on Halloween night. Dan once again calls Chris, demanding he comes over to his apartment. In an attempt to prevent Chris from continuing to eat the Halloween candy, Elise encourages him to go help Dan. By the time Chris gets to Dan's apartment, Dan has already kidnapped and tied up a kid dressed as a Wolf-Man. The two argue before Chris unties the kid and lets him go. They are soon arrested after Dan chases a kid dressed as a yeti through town after he mistakes him for the real Wolf-Man.
Later, the two are released from jail and are given what was confiscated back to them, except for Dan's brass knuckles. Dan asks the police officer where they were and learns that they are illegal and have been confiscated. This outrages Dan, who then knocks over a trashcan, shreds some papers on a bulletin board, and drinks water from a water cooler, claiming he was "confiscating" it. After Dan proceeds to take the officer's clipboard, pen, and hat, he is tasered several times.
After leaving the jail, Dan hears a howl as Chris drives away and demands that they head north. The two are soon caught in a traffic jam and start to argue just as the Wolf-Man runs past them and flees. Dan proceeds to stomp on the gas pedal, forcing Chris into a wild chase after it. While the Wolf-Man waits for a stoplight, Chris hits it with his car. Chris backs his car up in a panic after the angered Wolf-Man climbs onto the car's hood, sending the Wolf-Man tumbling off and allowing him to escape. When Chris is physically unable to drive after it, Dan shoves him out of the car and takes over the wheel, leaving Chris stranded in the middle of the road. Unable to locate the Wolf-Man, Dan finally picks Chris up, who had already started to walk home. Dan tells Chris to get as much silver as he can find and come back to his apartment to prepare for the next full moon.
The next day, Chris returns to Dan's house with a single silver coin, which is revealed to be a family heirloom. Dan proceeds to smelt it into a silver arrowhead, much to Chris's distress. After Chris questions if Dan owns a bow, it transitions to reveal them digging up a bow in an archaeological dig site. The two are soon chased out of the site by a group of skeletons who were angered after Chris disturbed their burial site.
The next month, Dan and Chris go on a stakeout to find the Wolf-Man. Dan complains about the coffee and doughnuts they bought until they finally hear the Wolf-Man's howl. They find the Wolf-Man ordering tacos and chase after it. Dan shoots and hits the Wolf-man with the arrow, wounding it. They follow the trail of blood back to the Wolf-man's apartment, but leave when they hear it howl. The Wolf-man is then revealed to be a hairy, overweight man as he wonders what kind of person shoots someone in the butt with an arrow. Chris asks Dan if they are going to meet next month to finally kill the Wolf-man, but instead, Dan just locates the Wolf-man's car and keys it.
- This episode and "New Mexico" were both aired on New Year's Day as a series premiere.
- Many DVD sets and online media stores (such as Google Play) list this episode as the first one, and "New Mexico" as the second.
- Ted, an unseen character, was mentioned by Chris as one of Dan's other "friends".
- The Wolf-Man in his human form is used as a recurring minor character throughout the series.
- As revealed in proceeding episodes, The Wolf-Man has a daughter and he owns an explosives emporium.
- This is the first episode that might be considered supernatural, due to the theme. It might also be considered a Halloween episode.
- The candy in the bowl looks like Skittles or M&Ms.
- After/while Dan is tasered for taking the officer's hat, said hat is shown right back atop the officer's head, despite the fact that it should be on the floor.
- Chris keeps with him a locket with a heart and a picture of Elise, which makes Dan jealous. He also keeps some bouillon cubes, which Dan finds ridiculous.
- Grey DeLisle is misspelled as "Brey DeLisle" in the end credits.
- The Officer (debut)
- Wolf-Man (debut)
- The Ambulance Guys
- Don (non-speaking)
- Elise Sr. (non-speaking)
- Ted (mentioned)
- The first promo is a clip officially released by The Hub's YouTube Channel, which was posted on December 29, 2010.
- The second promo is a Series Premiere trailer that just happened to include clips from the episode. Posted on The Hub's YouTube channel on December 30, 2010.